I was in KL doing my last minute shopping for my new year clothes. This has been my practice over the years, although it don’t seems to be very practical, but somehow… Many Sarawakian is still doing it!
Reason? Cos there’s more choices in KL and it’s cheaper than what we can get from our hometown.
See, its FULL FLIGHT!!!
So let’s go through my Budget Shopping Guide.
1. You need to buy your air ticket in advance, how advance? At least 3 months and above. My air ticket cost me RM 280. Quite reasonable price, if say this is the peak season. If your time is more flexible, than take the weekdays flight, at least you won’t be the Sardine Fish, and less possibilities to face flight problems.
2. You need to get the cheapest accommodation, such as Tunes Hotel, or if you got friend’s house to tumpang that’s even better!!! *I always have a free hotel to tumpang*
3. Now talk of budget, the above ways are the initial step to go. Then you must now know where to shop. I’m not a shopaholic, but which ladies do not love buy new clothes at affordable prices? I’m not really Brand Concern for clothings, as long as the fashion looks nice and comfy, I’ll go for it, janji its “BUDGET!”
So where is my best shopping spot?
I’ll always go to both Times Square and Sungei Wang Plaza. No other options, but they are the best!
Its really the heaven for fashion, the heaven for me… and may be you.
Berjaya Time Square
What? Pavillion? Sunway? Lot 10? KLCC? The Curve? One U? $$$$
NO! NO! NO! Those place is too expensive for me.
4. Set your time, and be the early bird.
Make sure you are ready at the shopping mall around 10.30am. Not too early ok? That is KL, not the Pasar Tamu. Like what we did, we will be there on time, and go to the designated shop, which we always go. If you are late, then you gotta squeeze in the sardine crowd..
PS – level 4 time square
G2 – Level 1 Sg. Wang
ALL RM25 shop in Time Square and Sg.Wang.
Licci – level 4 time square (they have nice shoes)
Time is gold, don’t waste your time to those expensive shop, even they put SALES but after 70% you only manage to get some old fashion clothes for your cny. What’s the point?
This is TeamGd and PeiPei who is also shopping at Time Square.
5. Get yourself a shopping list or keep in mind, how much things you wish to buy then set your budget.
Honestly on the first day, I set my self RM400 for my own cny year clothing including shoes and accessories. Somehow, on the 2nd day, I found that there’s some little tiny things left out, so overall I spent around RM500. Wahahaha… but hey, I’ve done my shopping list. That is within my budget.
I’ve got myself 8 sets of clothes, 4 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shoes and some accessories. Cool?
6. Mix and Match.
You gotta be creative, mix and match your own. Then you can actually make up a few sets of clothing. Some cheap jeweleries might looks good, as the fashion fade out very fast, there’s no point to buy too expensive diamond, buy the ciplak one is good enough.
That’s the end, I’m pretty satisfied with what I got. I believe everyone else also feel the same.
Ming Kang is enjoying carrying stuffs for his laopo da ren.. hahaha..
My airticket : RM280
Accomodation : Free
Transport: Free by ShiekWei and Willy
Meal: Less than RM50 most of the time belanja by Willy and Eunice.
Shopping: Less than RM500 not include buying for others la…
So I estimated I’ve spent RM800 for this trip. Budget or not ley? For me its very budget lo
Last but not least, enjoy your last minute shopping too and happy chinese new year!!!