Selamat Hari Raya to all the Muslim friends out there. This is a long holiday to go, so I bet some of you might be getting bored at home. This is what I plan to do for this holiday, as I promised my niece to make a Cheese Cake for her birthday.
Recipe from my friend, Lynn.
Suggested 8″ Round mould – Get the movable bottom
200g Marie / Digestive / Oreo biscuits (finely milled)
100 g melted Butter
- Combine base ingredients together and press firmly onto the base.Keep chilled.
For Yogurt Cheese :
*20g gelatin powder
*200ml peach syrup from the canned peaches
2 x 250 g Cream cheese at room temperature
* 160 g castor sugar
1 can of peaches(cut into small pieces)
2 x 150 g Original Yogurt
A) Double Boiled gelatine powder with peach syrup, keep stirring it to MAKE SURE all the gelatin powder is dissolved. Leave Cool well.
B) Beat cream cheese & castor sugar till fluffy.
C) Add in yogurt, then peaches. Mix well.
D) Add in A) into the mixture in C). mix well n pour into the biscuit base.Keep chilled to set mixture.
Let’s take a tour of my previous 1st Cake making experience. :p
I bought Digestive Biscuit, cost around RM7**.
Canned Peach – RM 5 – Keep the syrup and cut the peaches into small pieces.
- Crashed the Digestive Biscuit, I use almost half a packet, and the other half I keep for next round. Just put the biscuit into a clean plastic, and crash it with a glass bottle or hard surface thing. No blender needed.
I bought ButterCup, but if you have other preferable brand should be ok. RM3.30
- Took half packet of 250g butter , and put into a bowl.
- Express melting way, put into Microwave for 1-2 mins
- Mix well the cookies and butter, if its moisture enough it’s not necessary to pour in all the butter.
- Flatten it into the tray * i’m using a spoon only.
- Chilled it in the fridge. *Lower Tray*
- The base is done
Before we begin the Cream Cheese, the very important task is the Gelatine!
I bought the Gelatine Powder for RM3 – 50g.
Some of my friend prefer the packed Gelatine, which is more expensive.
- Stir the 20g Gelatin with the 200 ml Syrup and put it to the pot for Double Boil.
- The pot i’m using are the double boil pot but if you don’t have this kind of pot you may use your ways
- Keep stirring it, keep it liquid.
- Leave cool while preparing the cream cheese.
Everyone recommend me to buy Philadelphia – Cream Cheese. Seriously it taste good but it’s so expensive. RM9.90 per pack.
- Leave the Cream Cheese on normal room temperature before the cheese making before you start the cake making
- Press the cheese, see if its soft enough to beat.
- Beat the Cream Cheese together with the Castor Sugar.
- Taste it to your own preference sweetness, it’s not necessary to pour in all the Sugar.
- Just beat with a hand whisk enough, no mixer needed.
I bought this Dutch Lady Original Yogurt. I bought the bigger packing, because it’s cheaper and I can save it for next round. RM7*
- Mix in the 300g Yogurt and start beating until fluffy.
- It’s getting more liquid after the yogurt, so its easier to beat now.
- Mix in the small pieces of peaches
- Mix in the boiled Gelatine
- Stir well
- Pour into the tray and ready to chill
- I put into Freezer for 1st 30 mins, then only I transfer it to *lower tray* after it set.
- The Chilled Yogurt Cheese Cake is set!
- After 3 hours chilling inside the fridge, and it’s time to take it out!
- I’m happy with the outcome but of course it’s not up to perfection.
Wanna have a slice of cheese cake?
Then make it your own! hahhaa..
This is the easiest cake I’ve tried and it’s presentable!
Total cost for this cake is roughly around RM40. However some of the ingredients can be keep for next round.
Hope you enjoy the cake making progress!