I swear, KFC is only good in it’s chicken. When it comes to seafood, its always quite disappointing. Dear Mr. Colonel, I think you better stick with the chickens.
I understand in this very competitive food industries, you need to bring something NEW to the market. And bear in mind, for the everything you did will be very high expectations from the consumers. Just like me!
My friend, William, was telling me that he want to have his chap goh meh dinner at KFC. I was like, HAR? Why? Okay, that’s because his family had celebrated earlier so he says he might want to try out the new Fish Donut.
Okay, to my curiosity, and my “tamjiak-ness” , we had our late dinner last night at KFC. Actually I don’t like to dine at KFC especially in Miri.
Reasons why I don’t like to dine in:
1. It’s not comfy
2. The floors and tables are very oily
3. Most of the old outlets, have some strange odor, I can’t stand it.
4. Aircond not cold. *Bintang Megamall* outlet.
Enough. But I will still eat KFC, cause I can’t deny, their chicken is really finger licking good! Mostly, I tapao-ed.
But last night we dine in.
This is what we ordered :
1 set of Fish Donuts Combo
2 piece of chicken
1 large coleslaw
Total: RM 25.65
And I did not realize of the 6% govt tax. Pain pain pain , eating fast food so expensive!
Okay. So why I badly criticize on the fish donuts.
1. You look at my combo, compare to diner plates, it took off the buns, and replace with the donuts, but I have to pay more.
2. The donuts are so pity small, it’s one off bite.
3. The donuts taste like ordinary fish nuggets.
4. If by ala carte, the donut cost RM 1.12 not inclusive of TAX
Okay la. I’m “kiamsiap”. I admit.
I’m not a big KFC fans but I will still support for the next new menu. =) Looking forward !